Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not doing so hot at this blogging thing.....

So apparently I'm not the best at keeping up with this blog, but I HAVE been crafting!!
Mostly for swaps on craftster.org, but still - I have been creating!! I have made some fun stuff, but my favorite item, I forgot to take a picture of before I sent and my partner is MIA...... Bum deal. BUT - Here are some of the other things I have made:

A mail organizer- its fabric with some heavy duty interfacing. I made the bias tape that surrounds the edges out of some brocade. Its awesome! :) (image credit goes to PixieVal) I don't claim credit for the pattern. I got it from LondonPurple blog.
 This is the front view. The full thing is lined with heavy duty interfacing and fusible fleece. The pockets have fusible fleece and regular interfacing too.  I sewed pop tabs on the back to hang it by (woo hoo for recycling!) though the pattern recommended grommets.
Not too shabby if you ask me! PixieVal seemed to dig it too, which is what I was aiming for. I even chose the color pattern specifically - she mentioned in one of her lists or wists or something of the sort, that she is trying to decorate in autumn colors. I loved the color combo I used and I hope it was autumnal enough!

Another project I did for a swap over on Craftster.org was an AWESOME purple gemstone rosary. I think it was a jade, but I had taken it out of its labeled bag - oops! I love making rosaries, and Lo{ve} over on craftster was the recipient. I hope she will post a picture soon, cause I forgot to take one!! oops!

I chose to make some hairbows for another craftster in a swap and had SO much fun making them, until I burned the hell out of my finger with the glue gun. Never a dull moment here - the title of this blog IS "crafty if it kills me" so some injuries are expected!
Stephanie has twins, so I made 2 of each! They wear uniforms to school, so she gives them flair with hair bows -what an AWESOME mom!!
Aren't they cute? I had so much fun playing with ribbon  - there may be more in my future!

1 comment: